1. You’ve Googled “Mexico vacation” and come up with 29 million responses. Need help editing those choices?
2. Remember when you used that obscure website to book your hotel and when you got there you spent your beach vacation overlooking a parking lot?
3. How many hours were you on hold with the airline when your flight was cancelled because of a snowstorm?
4. Did you really mean to spend your honeymoon at that resort where the one tiny swimming pool was filled all day long with a dozen screaming children?
5. Who knew that when you booked that “villa” in Tuscany, it would be a small room with a kitchenette and no air conditioning? Funny, it looked much better on your computer screen.
6. No one explained to you that in July, it’s wintertime in Rio, and so you showed up there with nothing but five Hawaiian shirts and three pairs of swimming trunks.
7. How about the time you really needed a restful vacation but ended up in New Orleans during Mardi Gras?
8. Yes that hotel used a telephoto lens and heavy filters for those pictures on their website. Yikes!
9. That Internet site has billed your credit card three times instead of once and they aren’t answering your phone calls.
10. It was definitely odd that there were no cab drivers at the airport at 3 o’clock in the morning when you finally landed in Costa Rica, but booking a transfer to your very remote hotel would have been a good thing to remember when you purchased your airline ticket and hotel online.
There is a simple way to avoid these mistakes and mishaps… USE A TRAVEL AGENT!