The Canadian government implemented further restrictions on travel and specifically travellers entering Canada.
Travellers entering Canada must follow the rules set out by the Emergency Orders under the Quarantine Act to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This includes screening at the border and mandatory quarantine or isolation for 14 days. Failure to comply with any requirements or providing false information may result in fines, penalties or imprisonment.
Restrictions can be summarized as follows:
- All travellers arriving in Canada must have a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to arrival.
- All travellers arriving in Canada will be tested upon arrival.
- All travellers arriving in Canada will be required to quarantine at their own expense while awaiting arrival Covid-19 test.
- All flights to and from the Caribbean and Mexico are suspended as of Jan 31, 2021, until April 30, 2021.
- All international passengers must land at four airports: Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, and Montreal.
- A ban on entering Canada remains in force for most non-resident foreign nationals. Canadian citizens and residents returning to the country can enter, as can immediate family members of Canadian citizens or residents provided they plan to stay for at least 15 days and are able to quarantine for the first 14 days of their stay.
We are working directly with affected clients. If you have any concerns, please feel free to reach out to your Imagine Cruise & Travel Advisor or send us a message here.