Professor Stephen Leatherman of Florida International University compiles the popular list of best public beaches in the US using 50 criteria, including best sand and water quality, environmental management and amenities.
Hawaiian beaches have won the top beach designation 14 of the 25 years Leatherman has published the list.
This year’s list:
1. Waimanalo Bay Beach Park, Oahu, Hawaii
2. Barefoot Beach in Bonita Springs, Florida
3. St. George Island State Park on the Florida Panhandle
4. Hamoa Beach on Maui, Hawaii
5. Cape Hatteras, Outer Banks of North Carolina
6. Cape Florida State Park in Key Biscayne, Florida
7. Coast Guard Beach on Cape Cod, Massachusetts
8. Beachwalker Park on KiawahIsland, South Carlolina
9. Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park in Naples,Florida
10. East Beach in Santa Barbara, California.